Thursday, March 31, 2011

Maa ki Dal

When I was small,I used to think Maa Ki Dal is dal made by mother only,no aunt or grand ma or bhabhi...(ha ..ha)Well later I found out that dal which is kind of everyday dal or dal with little bit thick  consistency is called Maa ki dal please correct me if I'm wrong...so anyways I prepared this dal with whole masoor,Moong dal & little bit of chana dal.

Ingredients:

  • 1cup: Whole Masoor dal
  • 1/2cup:Yellow Moong dal
  • 1/4cup:Chana dal
  • You can adjust dal proportion according to your like.
  • 1tsp ghee(clarified butter)
  • 1cup :chopped onions
  • 1 big tomato chopped fine
  • 3-4cloves:crushed garlic
  • 1tsp:green chili/ginger paste
  • 1tsp:red chili powder
  • 1tsp:turmeric
  • 1tsp:whole Jeera
  • Salt
  • few drops of lemon juice

Method:


Heat ghee in pan.Add jeera,when it crackles,add onion fry for couple of minutes then add garlic,ginger/chili paste.Fry for few seconds.Add tomato,red chili powder,turmeric.Keep stirring till tomato becomes soft.Now add boiled dal,salt.Keep it on low flame for 5-7 mins.Add lemon juice & turn of the heat.Just before serving heat ghee in small pan,add little red chili powder & pinch of asafoetida.(This part is optional)

Serve hot with rice/roti

I know its not the best picture...will do better next time






0 comments:

Post a Comment