Thursday, March 31, 2011

Arbi Stir fry

I usually do my grocery shopping from this Indian store in Sunnyvale...I really like vegetables over there,they are pretty fresh...but last week due to busy schedule was not able to go there(My daughter had her soccer game that day so...)I went to another Indian grocery store near my house...not much vegetable to choose from,I got Arbi(Taro root).I like this vegetable as it has lot of calcium content...I never ate this before my marriage...my mother-in-law makes this vegetable...though she makes it with gravy I prefer it stir fry...

Ingredients:

2 cups :Arbi(taro root) Chopped in to bite size
1 tbsp Oil
1tbsp red chili powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp Coriander powder
salt
Pinch of asafoetida

Method:
Peel the arbi,after peeling do not wash the arbi,as it will become sticky.Like Mushroom,wipe it with damp cloth.Chop the arbi in to bite size pieces.


Heat oil in pan.Add 1tbsp of chili powder & pinch of asafoetida.


Add chopped arbi, rest of the spices & salt.


Do not cover the pan,First fry it on medium heat,once its cooked,increase the heat to hi flame & roast it.Be careful not to burn it.
Enjoy your arbi stir fry.


0 comments:

Post a Comment